Thursday, January 30, 2014

REAPER'S PROPERTY by Joanna Wylde (R)

 
BOOK DESCRIPTION
 
Marie doesn’t need a complication like Horse. The massive, tattooed, badass biker who shows up at her brother’s house one afternoon doesn’t agree. He wants Marie on his bike and in his bed. Now.

But Marie just left her abusive jerk of an ex-husband and she’s not looking for a new man. Especially one like Horse—she doesn’t know his real name or where he lives, she’s ninety percent certain he’s a criminal and that the “business” he talks with her brother isn’t website design. She needs him out of her life, which would be a snap if he’d just stop giving her mind-blowing orgasms.

Horse is part of the Reapers Motorcycle Club, and when he wants something, he takes it. What he wants is Marie, but she’s not interested in becoming “property of”.

Then her brother steals from the club. Marie can save him by giving Horse what he wants—at home, in public, on his bike… If she’s a very, very good girl, she’ll get lots more of those orgasms only he can offer, and he’ll let her brother live.
Maybe.

MY REVIEW
 
4.5 out of 5 *Stars*
 
Whoa!  *Fanning* What a book!  I actually blushed while reading this, and I never blush from reading a book anymore.  I had to put it down a few times, breathe, and say, “It’s just words on a page, it’s just words on a page.” 
"Next time you want to play with your pretty pink toy, you do it while I'm watching. If you're a good girl, I'll let you wear the tee. Got it?"
I rest my case…
The book wasn’t too over the top, but it had enough hard core content to make you really believe that the characters were part of a motorcycle club.  For all you romance motorcycle club book readers, this series is a happy medium between the extremely hard core life Madeline Sheehan created in her Undeniable series and the somewhat tame existence of The Chaos club Kristen Ashley formed (both good series as well). 
In the book Reaper’s Property, the characters and setting were so well developed, even down to the last freckle or “trickle of sweat”, that I could almost imagine that everything was happening right in front of me.  On a couple occasions, after I was reading for a long period of time and set the book down, it took a minute for reality to sink back in.   The author did a great job with the flow of the story.  Even with the timeline jumps, I had no problem following wherever she took me with the story.  I did think that the price was a little high ($7.19 for a 264 page eBook), and it was for that reason that it took me so long to decide to purchase it.  On one hand, I’m still kicking myself for spending the money, but on the other… it was a really good book! I definitely recommend this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment