Monday, January 27, 2014

CLOUD ATLAS - 2012 Movie

 

With the consequences of their actions, individuals impact one another’s lives throughout the past, present, and future.  Based on a novel by David Mitchell. 
Starring Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Jim Broadbent, Hugh Grant, Susan Sarandon, and more.
 

 
 
 
 
MY THOUGHTS
 

Now…  Could someone please explain this movie to me?  I did not get it at all!  There were all these stories happening in all these different time periods, with all the same characters.  I hope that makes sense.  lol  I did end up catching a few intertwining factors, but I didn’t see anything significant enough to change someone’s course of life.  If there was, you would of had to look so far in depth to find it. 
Honestly, I wanted to turn it off after 45 minutes, but something compelled me to keep watching.  The movie, as a whole, made no sense, but each individual story had a purpose and was somewhat intriguing to watch.  It reminded me of a really dramatic soap opera to where everyone is somehow intertwined, but each person has their own story.  I had my favorites that I looked forward to finding out what happened next, but then there were also the slower stories that I wanted to fast forward through.  Did I though?  No, because I kept watching in case I missed the monumental event that tied them all together.  It never came, so I felt somewhat deflated, confused, and a little ticked off that I spent 3 hours watching the movie.  I can say that all the actors and actresses did an amazing job.  It got decent reviews and the basis for the movie sounded intriguing, but in the end, the storyline did not win me over.  Thanks for “listening”.  ‘Till next time…



 
Movie Trailer...
 



No comments:

Post a Comment