Thursday, January 16, 2014

Filing System


I swear, my mind needs its own filing system.  There are too many thing to think about to keep them all straight.  My husband is always getting on me to write stuff down, so I don’t forget things.  It makes sense, it really does, but I don’t.  Too many things get added and taken away each day that I would constantly be editing the list instead of getting things done.  That’s what it feels like anyway.
My memory stinks to begin with.  It’s always been that way.  Now we add taking care of a house and kids all day.  Some things are going to be forgotten, but think of everything a parent has to remember.  When it comes to the kids that are in school, you have to make sure their homework is done and they take anything else that was needed that day; hat, gloves, projects, snacks, lunch, glasses, backpack.  The list goes on and on.  Then there are the kids that stay home.  There’s the stuff that you most definitely will not forget, but still have to remember, such as eating, bathing, brushing teeth, etc.  Then, holy cow, there’s the house.  You have to remember to do specific laundry on days so the person has what they need to wear the next day.  You have to remember to take trash out, fill humidifier, clean out the fridge, pick up the house, clean the house, make sure all pets are taken care of, and that’s just scratching the surface.
Then we add being an author to the mix.  I have so many stories in my head that it’s hard to keep them straight.  I have the current Nephilim Series that I’m working on, but even though I’m trying to get book 2 done, book 3&4 keep trying to push through.  Plus, I have 2 other adult series that I want to eventually write.  Then to top it all off, I have 2 different children’s books that I want to write, one of which is a series.  It’s like they take turns coming to the front of my mind, and even if I had plans to work on something else, my mind is telling me something different.  I do try to write down specific details for each, so I don’t forget, but sometimes they get lost in the bottomless pit I call my mind.  I just wish I could write as fast as I think things up.
Maybe this is why I like sleep so much.  It could also be that my bed is VERY comfy J, but also when I sleep, my mind is at least centered on one thing. Don’t get me wrong.  I love my family, and my life.  It’s just that my mind feels so overloaded at times.  Everyone says, stop thinking so much, but if I stop thinking so much, how will anything get done? I know I’m not alone here, so hats off to everyone that knows exactly what I’m talking about and still keeps going.  Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment