Thursday, January 23, 2014

FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC - 2014 Lifetime Movie

 
After the sudden death of their father, four children face cruel treatment from their ruthless grandmother.
 
 
 
MY THOUGHTS
 
So, I got to watch the Lifetime movie “Flowers in the Attic” today, and I can’t get it out of my head.  Overall, it was a good movie, a little hard to grasp at parts, but still good.  Is it one I would sit all the way through again? Probably not, but I’m glad that I at least saw it once.  The majority of the actors did a great job.  The two older children, Mason Dye and Kiernan Shipka, were the main focus, and both played very believable parts.  Ellen Burstyn performed phenomenally as the strict grandma, and in my opinion, made the movie.  On the other hand, it was hard to grasp Heather Graham’s character as the mother until the very end.  It was her acting that made me remember that it was a made-for-TV movie.   


              


What’s stuck in my head is the fact that it felt so unfinished.  I needed a better conclusion then what was given, because nothing was wrapped up, and everything was left wide open.  I want vengeance, persecution, revenge… something!  The mother pissed me off more than the grandmother and I want to know what happened to them both.  I think I just might have to read the book. 
 
You always get a better idea about what’s going on inside the head of a character when reading a book, compared to trying to judge facial expressions of an actor.  Plus, just now, I found out that there is a sequel to the book called “Petals on the Wind.”  I guess I can always read that to answer any lingering questions I might still have after reading the first book.  I’ll let you all know what I thought in a follow-up post.  Thanks for “listening”.  ‘Till next time…  
 
In case you have no idea what movie I'm talking about...
 




No comments:

Post a Comment