Monday, January 27, 2014

CELESTIAL BEGINNINGS by Rebekah Daniels (R)

 

Book Description

Being a descendant of a fallen angel, nephilim Malachi Starkman, is all about his duty in protecting mankind and preventing Satan’s army from growing any further. He leads a squad of talented warriors on this quest to preserve humanity, but as leader, he feels every aspect is his responsibility. After centuries of fighting, he is starting to feel burned out, and wondering if this is his sole purpose on Earth.

Local teacher, Trinity Bradshaw, has been trying to move on from her turbulent past but it doesn’t seem to want to let her go. Therefore, when a deliciously handsome man with alluring eyes says he wants to help her, she cannot say no. So many obstacles stand between the two, but neither of them seem to be able to walk away from the other. Will they find common ground or will she just be a liability in his quest to destroy the one that has plagued him for years?
323 pages

Romance degree: STEAMY!
 
My Review
Best book I’ve ever read!!  Haha!  Okay, yeah, I’m a little bias since I wrote the book.  Just to be fair though, here are a few of the other great reviews it has gotten.  If you like what you see, the Amazon link is off to the left side of the page and links to other places are at the bottom of this post.

“This book was chosen as a book of the month for the group “Lovers of Paranormal” on Goodreads.com
I have to begin by saying that I LOVED this book, and could not put it down. It is one of those books which I will re-read and re-read. I would even consider buying a hard copy for the book shelf to live happily with my other 10 favourite books that I cherish and are the first things that will get grabbed if the house ever burns down.
An original book with a fantastic concept and brilliant story line. It is well written with a plot that is clear and easy to follow, but without being predictable. I would describe it as a Paranormal Romance, with a cast of gorgeous Nephilium. It was a fun read, packed with action, mystery and intrigue. The characters are well thought out, and each individual has personality which you can’t help but fall in love with, and then there are the few that are just plain creepy. This book is a page turner which I thoroughly enjoyed. I have no hesitation in recommending this book to anyone who enjoys Paranormal Romance. Thank you to Rebekah Daniels for a great read. I can’t wait for the next book in the series to be released.”
“Favorite Lines “Most can’t fight the urge, and it is forever a balancing act for the ones that chose the path of light. This was God’s gift to all, no matter who you were, free will. Therefore, even though it is told that all nephilims are evil, in reality, some chose to fight the good fight on the side of the Lord. It gets easier for nephilims the more generations that pass because of the increase in humanity to the bloodlines.”

“He would never understand women. One moment they were about to make each other cry, but before they separated they… professed their love”

“I was twenty and thought the sun rose and set around her. Now I know that I was being young and stupid, because I can never remember feeling this out of control with her. It feels like I’m spinning at warp speed with nothing to hold onto. All it takes is one look from you to make my heart speed up. That’s how you make me feel.”

“When he pulled back, the feeling of completeness never left, and he wondered if it ever would. At that moment, he prayed that it never did. He felt that after so many years, he finally had something to lose. The feeling was utterly terrifying, but at the same time, very
comforting.”


I'm so upset I waited so long to read this! It was yummy, action packed, and full of forgiveness!
Malachi is a Nephilim, his great great grandfather was a fallen angel.
He wants to be nothing like his "family" so he and other nephilims fight for goodness!
Trinity is a teacher with a past, she ended an abusive relationship and her only time of feeling safe is when she dreams. She has the most amazing dreams with the yumminess man!
Malachi has been having the same dreams. So when they meet the real world literally meshes with fantasy!
This was a great story. I loved so much about it. The pride and determination Malachi has regarding not becoming like his ancestors was admirable. When he met Trinty it was so heartwarming and scary at the same time. I won't give away more but this is a great book for all lovers of paranormal romance!

I was given this book by author in exchange for honest review

FIVE NEPHILIM FAIRES
 
“Really loved this book... Cried at the end and couldn't believe how attached I had gotten to the characters. Highly recommended!!!
“Celestial Beginnings has turned out to be one of the best books I've read. I love, love, love this book. From the first page, I was hooked. The whole 'fallen angel' concept had me concerned at first, due to the fact that this is a topic that can be either really good or really bad. But I was pleasantly surprised by the story line that the author brought forth. I love how the 'fallen' have human characteristics. The humor, the bantering, friendship and of course, the hot and steamy sex. All are very good components to an awesome book. The characters are very well thought out. I enjoyed the interaction between Malachi and Trinity. Trinity is what made this story. She is one kick ass character. Over all, this is one series I plan to follow. A definite add to your tbr list. Highly recommended.
There are many more like that as well!  Go check it out.   Available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, ARE, Smashwords, and more.  Happy Reading, everyone!
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment