Friday, April 3, 2015

FRACTURED by Sydney Landon


FRACTURED by Sydney Landon

 
 
 
BOOK DESCRIPTION

 
Desire brought them together; tragedy may tear them apart...

Lucian and Lia attempt to deal with the aftermath of the violent attack on her by her stepfather. As events unfold in their lives, Lia finds that she can no longer be patient with the man that she loves, because his secrets are tearing them apart.

Lucian cannot deny the fact that he's fallen in love with the brave and beautiful woman who has lived a life of horror. He wants nothing more than to protect her, but soon realizes that he may be the person who will hurt her the most.

To be together, they'll have to fight demons from their pasts that threaten to tear them apart.


 
MY REVIEW
2.5 out of 5 *Stars*

 
“Fighting the things you can’t see or touch are sometimes the battles that wound you the most.”

 
First and foremost, I have to refer back to my review on Pierced, Book1 in this trilogy.  http://www.rebekahdaniels.blogspot.com/2015/03/a-book-based-entirely-on-its-cover-2015.html Yes, I jumped right back in and came out the other side, completely unscathed.  I know that probably makes no sense to anyone except for me, but it’s exactly how I felt.  I started reading this book while holding my breath and sitting at the edge of my seat, waiting to see what actually happened to Lia.  What a good start to a great book, the suspense…  That’s what I thought anyway.  By the end of the book, my feelings had done a complete 180. 
 
It was still written in an appealing manner, the love scenes were still hot, and we got to finally get a few scraps of information into Luc’s past.  Unfortunately, this book suffered from what I call “Middle Book Syndrome”.  I’ve said it before in these situations, and I’ll say it again.  FILLER.  FILLER.  FILLER.  That’s all that it was for me; something to occupy the great void in between Book1 and Book3. 
 
Not much happen here.  It was just the couple doing their best to overcome obstacles in their lives.  Nothing was solved.  Nothing was finished.  The whole debacle with her step-father might have been solved, but it still didn’t feel as if there was any closure.  That’s why I’m not sure if that aspect is really done yet.  Other things got in their way, and I found myself actually becoming bored and disinterested in the series. 
 
Another thing…  I love sex scenes and lustful thoughts as much as anyone, but I found myself rolling my eyes more than anything in this regard.  Yes, you are a young couple that is devastatingly in love.  However, when you’re sad… “Let’s have sex.”  When you’re happy… “Let’s have sex.”  When you are emotionally scared and can’t think how to get over the crushing weight always pressing down on you… “Oh Hell, let’s have sex.”  In between sexcapades, and you’re feeling scared of the world around you… “Here, put your hand on my junk so you can see how much I want to have sex with you.”  UGH!
 
“When she looks up at me and starts tugging my shorts down, I fight the urge to fist pump.”
 
Okay yeah, that one was a little funny to imagine. 

 
Here’s the ultimate question… Do I continue on and read Book3, Mended?  *another big sigh* Yes.  I’m never one to leave things unfinished, and with the first book being SO good, I can’t help but think that the ending to this story could be even better.  It has the potential, but it still remains to be seen if that will be the case.  It’s a great love story in the modern day world!

 
“I’m in no way worthy of you, but I lay my heart at your feet because you own me, baby.” 

 
See? It almost makes your heart melt.  I need to see how everything plays out.  Even if Book2 fell a little flat, I’m still too far invested. 
 
I do need to say, it’s a good thing that Book1 one WAS so good, because if this was the first book in the series, I wouldn’t recommend it, and I wouldn’t even finish the series.  Hopefully, when Mended comes out in May, my feelings will have turned around once again.

 

Happy Reading, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment