Thursday, February 20, 2014

Crazy Order


I was talking to someone recently, and they said something that I can’t get out of my head.  This person watched the movie, “The Mortal Instruments” and wanted to know what happened next, so they got book 2 in the series to read.  It doesn’t seem that inconceivable, but what astounded me was that they never read the first book.  Maybe it’s just me, but being an avid reader, I could never imagine reading a series and not starting with the first book.  I too saw the movie and wanted to know what happened next.  You know what I did?  Rented “City of Bones” (Book 1).  I haven’t had a chance to read it yet, but will it have a repeat of the same plot I watched in the movie?  Sure it will, but everyone knows that they never put everything into a movie from a book.  Isn’t that how it’s supposed to be done?
Honestly, I don’t know why this is bugging me so much.  She is a grown woman so I can’t tell her what to do, but part of me wants to shake some sense into her and ask what the hell she’s thinking. She’s a nice person, and there are other things we agree on, but this is not one of them.  I laugh at myself for thinking how much this bothers me.  Am I alone here?

No comments:

Post a Comment