Sunday, June 14, 2015

“A Book You Can Finish In A Day” 2015 Challenge; INTO THE DARKNESS by K.F. Breene

PART 1
Ok, you caught me.  This is technically a novella.  It’s close to half the length of a full novel, and so to make up the difference, I read the next novella in the series as well.  Yes, my full intension was to be fair, it wasn’t AT ALL because I couldn’t contain my excitement to jump right into the next part of the story.
*Can you tell I’m smirking right now?  I hope not.  That wouldn’t be very professional, now would it?*
 

INTO THE DARKNESS by K.F. Breene
Novella 1 in the Darkness Series
FREE ebook! 

BOOK DESCRIPTION

Sasha has grown up with one surety: she’s not normal.

She sees things in the darkness that no one else can see. Mysterious men cloaked in shadow, moving through the night. The problem is, pointing out invisible people is a fast track to a padded cell. Orphaned at age five, Sasha quickly learns an important survival tip: keep her mouth shut and stay out of the spotlight.

Until one night, everything changes. She and her boyfriend, Jared, find themselves stranded on the wrong side of town. Suddenly, the men she was convinced were hallucinations, are very real. And very dangerous.

As a new world opens up around her, she meets him. The Boss. An alpha leader who entrances her mind and tugs on her body. Primal and sexual, his people have a different set of rules. And they don’t always play nice.

As danger rises up around her, her differences may be the only thing that saves her life. She must embrace what she’s tried so hard to hide, while resisting the person her body craves most. Sasha has finally found her shadow men, and they will change her life forever.
 
 

MY REVIEW
5 out of 5 *Stars*
 
I’m in love! I’m in love! I’m absolutely in love! 


Oh yeah, that’s right…
(That’s me, in a nutshell.)

I was out and about here recently, and had a few minutes to spare, so I thought I would search through my Kindle library.  Came across this book… sexy cover, interesting synopsis, good reviews…  Good enough for me.  Fifteen pages in, and I was kicking myself for waiting so long.  I found a series that I am absolutely in love with!  Granted, it’s a series of novellas, but it doesn’t feel like it.  
It’s a story where a woman, Sasha, finds herself thrown into a world of people that are like humans but better; better hearing, faster speed, stronger, etc. etc.  The unique thing about these beings is the different magic they can use. 
Oh, and did I mention that they’re sex craved.  They actually release pheromones that make humans wanna get their freak on, successfully bending people to their will sexually.  All the while, having the idea that if a human is “dim-witted”, they succumb faster.  Surprisingly to all of them though, Sasha is immune, PLUS she can access magic.    
Holy hell!  This story was good, and exciting, and sexy. Not to mention, freaking hilarious!!  I couldn’t stop laughing.  The main character, Sasha, is funny on her own.

“Seriously, can everyone stop stroking their penises?  It is rude, strange, and distracting all at the same time!  Social etiquette, people.”

Then there is the 38 year old with the maturity of a 16 year old.  Oh, how I love Charles!

“No, Dr. Over-Analyze-Everything, it feels good.  But we don’t protect ourselves hoping we can work up a little procreation.  Otherwise, we are just a dying breed of amaze-balls.”

Put those two together, and I was rolling! 
Here’s the kicker… It’s a continuation series.  I know… ugh, right?  I hate series where you have to spend money so many different times just to find out how it ends.  I mean, just write one book, charge one fee, and be done with it.  The last I saw, this series had eight novellas at $2.99 each, after this free one.  I saw that, and thought, I’m gonna go broke just finishing this, because this is a story that I am completely invested in now.  Once in a blue moon, you get a story that’s worth going back for.  This is one of those.
So here’s my “overall”…  Yes! Yes! Yes!  Read it!
That is, if you don’t mind spending over $20 to get through the whole story.  Because once you start, you won’t be able to quit.  For me, I’ll have to read through it now, but it will have to be in increments.  I get a little nutty when my Amazon gift cards run low.  Anyways, till next time…
 

24 books down, 28 more to go!
Happy Reading, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment