Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 READING CHALLENGE


As I mentioned on Facebook, my friend “threw down the gauntlet”, so to speak.  She presented me with a reading challenge for 2015.  Going through the list, my competitive nature kicked in.  Not to compete with her, but to compete with the side of myself that has doubts I can get it done.  The fact that I’m doing it with my best friend is an added bonus that I know will make it so I don’t give up on the list. 

I mostly read the same genre.  I love romances, not the “holding hands, whispered kisses” romance, but the “stop your breath, sometimes even dirty” romance.  Even when I read thrillers, if there is a background love story, all the better.  This list, for that reason, and size in general, it is a little terrifying.  Amongst the trepidation though, is an underline excitement.  I’m excited for the challenge, the unlimited options, and being force to break out of my comfort zone. 

I’m a very opinionated person and I love to voice my opinion to whoever will listen.  Therefore, there is no way I could do this without getting you all involved.  You are going to help me keep track of the books I read for the list.  This is going to last all year, so strap in and get comfortable.  Every book I read, I’ll tell you what I’m checking off the list, and tell you what I thought about it.  Maybe we can even get a discussion started on some of them.  That being said… Let’s get started! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment